Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What have I been doing?
Well, lots of this-
                          Before: lots of brown leaves and blasted dandelions.
                                                           Shame on me!

And After: Over an hour of weeding/trimming (per-bed)
and they're ready for their straw blanket.

                                                and here is that bud, Earl Of Essex
And of course since I've been away from the garden the last two days, I forgot to go out and cut it to bring inside. I'll go see, but I expect a frozen mushy purple/white mess :(   There were a couple early buds on Zee also, but I expect they froze too hard to keep going.  We're just too far north to give the re-bloomers enough warm weather for fall hurrah.

 I hope we get some more warm weather so I can try to finish.  17 beds to go, but my Dr. actually said the bending was bad for my GERD and I should "leave the rest till spring".  Doctors orders ;) If only! ha  If I don't clean them off they will be a real mess next spring.  *sigh

3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close to you I would be glad to help you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing that they are blooming this late. Ouch - hope you can get some help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you did too Kim! Help would be wonderful :D

    Kathleen, the buds didn't make it. I was so mad at myself for not remembering to bring them in. When I went out the stem was bent over and all mushy- frozen.

    ReplyDelete