Friday, February 21, 2014

Enough with the Snow Already!!

I'm not going to post a picture of the iris beds now, we're all sick of looking at snow.

How about these instead. From last spring in full bloom!





I did finish cleaning off ALL the beds before we covered them in mid November. And boy am I glad we got the straw on early because it's been nothing but cold ever since.
They have a good cover of snow on top of the straw, but once it starts melting I'll have to get out there and remove it. The straw was very dry and crumbly. It will pack down quickly when it gets soaked . And that's not good for the iris!
Lets all think WARM thoughts and chase away this winter. It's been lonnnnnnnng and cold.  Oh and while I'm complaining ; )  enough with the noisy wind too, sheesh!  A girl has to sleep some time.

~Deb

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Sunshine. And something for us to look forward to seeing soon. Thank you for sharing and reminding us of what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) good to hear from you Kim, I hope everyone on the etsy group is well. I can't seem to catch up with myself anymore, and yet I don't get enough done either! oh my, old age.

      Delete