Sunday, March 4, 2012

Waiting for Spring

This winter will be quite a test of the iris. I'm not sure what to expect. We had so many days of much warmer than normal temps, and little snowcover. I'm afraid they may be rotting under the straw. I hope not, but I'm prepared for that possibility.
You may notice that I've had my web designer post a banner on my webpage saying I'm not taking orders until May. It might be sooner, depending on when I get the Iris uncovered and see how they are doing. But in the meantime, I'd rather not take orders that I'm not sure I can fill.
This week we are supposed to get three days of almost 60 degrees. Normally this would signal me to uncover them. But it's too early (if it were a normal winter). What to do..what to do...what to do!!!

Check back for updates.
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Hope they all do well! Love the garden quotes on your blog *roflol* Thanks!

    ReplyDelete